Dear Alex, Less about you...



Dear Alex,

I would walk to the other end of the earth for you, I would carry you if needs be, I would do whatever it took to get you fit and well again.

I will love you forever, and for eternity, and wrap you up in just that, if it took that for you to come home to me...

This goal, is still at the forefront of my mind. Still my main goal, and I will believe in this and clasp it into my being, until it is a reality.

Unbelievably, this week, despite all the odds stacked up against you, you have maintained an amazing humour, been happy and stable mood wise. I do not think I have seen a week like it before. There is something else that has changed this week, you asked me how I was on the phone, and asked after the kids, and told me to tell the kids you loved them...You seem to be thinking slightly less about you. less egocentric. More aware of others around and of what they are doing. You have asked me where I am, what I am doing. Like you are taking an interest in me! It has been such a welcome change and I have felt less that I am everything for you, and more like there is a bit of you that is surfacing who is interested and caring about me still. It is a small bit less lonely with you like this.

Alex, I feel like the possibilities are endless, and to think you still continue to make progress is SUCH an inspiration to anyone out there who has suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). We are told constantly by Neurologists, that progress continues to happen very slowly up until 18 months- 2 years, then there will be little if no change. But just this week shows how wrong this theory is!

My mind whirrs with ideas to create a charity to help young families in grief through Making Waves for Alex, this is all I want to do, to make our situation and your progress an inspiration and a story of hope where there is none. To aid families who go through traumatic times at young ages, speak from compassion and a real knowledge and truth in what I am talking about...

I hope to try and get the wheels in motion for this now. Although it will take some time...

I truly am your biggest fan Alex, and have fallen even further in love with you this week...IF that were even possible...


Forever,

Me xxxxxxxxx


Comments

Old posts