Meanwhile, whilst I am under the drill...

Monty, Lola, Mitzi and Esmie are left in grandparental control for 20 minutes, whilst I am at the Dentist. Having missed my appointment the other day, I very coincidentally now have the start of an abcess in a back tooth…Not the one I was originally going about, which sucks. Meanwhile, whilst I am under the drill, 

Monty starts busying himself in a pile of mud in the garden...Mum asks him what he’s up to. A fair question as he is digging a pile of earth with his bear hands. ‘I’m just checking Granny Liz…..’ he pauses, he’s a few centimetres down, impressive, and turns to Granny Liz and says ’Yep, she’s definitely gone alright’. Enlightening Granny Liz that this was in fact Meg’s grave he had been digging up, he wanted to know if she’d still be there. I shan’t explain why…

A photo Alex took of me after entering the house post dental work....
Last week and all weekend I have plagued by tooth ache, I am sipping cups of tea through straws, unable to bear the agonising shooting pains of heat near whatever tooth it is which is causing me the grief. The dentist thinks he has spotted the victim, he anaesthetises my mouth and gets drill happy. A while into it, I am sitting there, well lying there, convinced I have a huge bogey up my nose, it is a weird sensation and I try surreptitiously to ‘wipe’, only the Dentist believes I am putting my hand up for him to stop, and it’s obviously not going to be the time I explain I think I have a big bogey up my nose, and would like to have a quick pick, so I let it drop, dying of mortification as he continues to drill. Then my right eye becomes somewhat droopy, and I have a weird uncontrollable half wink thing going on, and as I reason I am not having a stroke, I deduce it is the anaesthetic, although in the car I do briefly check in the wing mirror nonetheless, that there were no ranging bogeys. Thankfully, it seems to have been the anaesthetic. Funny thing that, no feeling in your nose or half the right eye. Pretty mortifying having to walk around like this too, I have no idea what I must have looked like, well I do, I had a numb nose, numb tongue, numb face and numb half eye, so not the best, really. Thank god I did not have to communicate verbally with anyone, numb tongue speech is not the easiest. I drive home people thinking there luck was *not* in, weirdo lady dribbling, semi winking at random passers by. And do you know what? Although it was a rotten tooth, root canal surgery later and another crown (yes the 3rd in 6 weeks) is needed, this was not evidently the one causing me jip. I have been drugged up to the eyeballs and back all weekend, and do you know what else, I actually genuinely fancied a glass of wine on Saturday night, but couldn’t. So unreasonable toothache. All I can do is drug myself, and wait for the dentist opening tomorrow to get myself seen to.

I am dreading my appointment, I am a whoos when it comes to pain, and I don’t know if you’ve ever had root canal surgery, but the next morning, as you wake up, you start to wonder whether you had a bad dream and sleep punched yourself in the face, or your husband has been ‘sleep wife beating’…Is that a real life syndrome I wonder? Then you remember it was the nasty dentist and his needles and tools.
I don't think so ducks...this is not in fact for your benefit....Quack off. (Minnie, Daisy, Posh and Beaks)

Saturday was spent at the beach, a lovely afternoon with friends, and the rains had stopped! Did you hear that? They did actually stop. So the kids body boarded, I dug, although the kids were totally unimpressed, I ended up doing it for the fun of it, as I do most things…Made some sand castles, hung out with the friends when they arrived, and sunbathed. He definitely had his hat on! Sunday I was agony, feeling sick, could hardly eat, so hibernated, feeling sorry for myself, then read on FB that my friend who I was with yesterday had been rushed to Dental A and E today…I hope what I have is not contagious…so anyway, I fell a bit selfish for making such a song and dance about mine…


Tomorrow I will be at the Dentist again, wish me double luck…


See you all tomorrow,


Tamsyn x

Comments

Old posts