(they always come in pairs, I half expect to see an ark parked up on the corner)



And what do you know…..the Jehovah’s witnesses have found me again. I tell you what, whatever I may think of them, they have a bloody good homing instinct for their prey…..! I have been hounded by them everywhere I lived in England, from Leighton Buzzard to the north coast, Whitby. This was one of the major influencing reasons why we moved to France…….. but they found me here too. Unbelievable, this is the third place I have moved to in France, they followed me somehow to my second address, after having earbashed me for 18 months in my previous address, then found me at my address here. Incredible, as I left my address with no one. I was aware for a few hours of a couple of dudes wandering aimlessly up and down the road on mobile phones, looking. They finally rock up (they always come in pairs, I half expect to see an ark parked up on the corner) and explain to me they realise I was not interested, but they thought if they could just have a few more minutes of my time…….I look at them, smile politely and tell them they are welcome to enter, but I will be going inside, and they are to remain in the garden with the Rottweiler who we rescued from a dogs’ home, with whom we are having training issues with, he keeps mawling jehovah’s witnesses slowly to death…….they chose to go their own way. One month later (they are like periods the JWs turn up every month and they are no less than total pains in the ass) they are there again. I look at them in total disbelief, and this one time I actually slam the door in their face, because it is clear to me now they so not understand words. Today, I received a magazine, an effing Jehovah’s Witness magazine, with a price on in, a monthly subscription charge. When did I sign up for that?? When I came back from Never Never Land right before I had tea with the tree elves?? I honestly have no idea where they get their stamina from……

Well, there are more bank holiday days this week, and what in between those and the strikes the French insist on having every week or so, the kids are rarely at school. There is no school on a Wednesday anyway, so organizing your life on a level other than a kid level is nigh on impossible for me. I have decided to give up hope of ever doing anything other than 4 kids, 3 cats, a dog and 4 chooks, this, as they say is my lot….dun dun dun (now to seek out that safe place)……
I crash early tonight, well 11.30 pm, and before I go to bed I hear a bird doing an impression of an owl call, in wonderment I ‘shhhhhhhh’ Alex to listen ……..'yeah babes, I imagine it probably actually is an owl just doing an owl noise, wouldn’t you think??’ firmly put in my place, I realise sometimes the pressure must get too much and I have the most insanely dumb moments to cope…




TUNE! I am SUCH a fan of The Beatles, and this song rules; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_uCIR78dg4&feature=fvst……

Comments

  1. I once warded off JWs for ever by taking them through the Bible, their own version of it (different from normal), and showing them how they had twisted the meaning out of context each time. I out-talked them (it helps to be Irish) and never saw them again. One - nil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We invite Mormons in and then share Jesus (The real one not the one they talk about!) until they made signs that they wanted to leave, but we carried on talking and asking them questions about what they believed until they eventually made up some excuse about having a meeting to go to and being in trouble if hey were late. I then helpfully piped up that surely no-one at the Church would mind as they were doing the job they had come from the US to do, and heir Church were supporting them to do, so they could stay as long as they liked. Turns out they liked to leave!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Old posts