At this precise instant, he lifts his head and boom! I have a bleeding fat lip to go to school with……great, how to explain that without it looking dodgy and, ow!


This morning I lean down quickly to give my husband a loving kiss on his head (no he’s not an Umpa-Lumpa, he’s still in bed for once! At this precise instant, he lifts his head and boom! I have a bleeding fat lip to go to school with……great, how to explain that without it looking dodgy and, ow!

After all the illnesses we seem to have been suffering from since summer ended, a big family trip was called for yesterday to check in, be poked, prodded, pulled in many areas, and collect numerous prescriptions for various afflictions….. that done the doctor informed us that I would have to give Alex a tetanus injection after he has incurred an injury by getting a shard of metal from one of the letter boxes he delivers to, which has gone nasty, and with one soldier down I am obliged to do all the collating as his poor lil finger hurts too much, bless……(I reflect on my kinder thoughts for 'writing nicely' purposes!).

Alex almost resents my suggestion that he props himself up naked against a wall and I, blindfolded, hoy the needle at him and see where it lands……suggestion dismissed, I commence hygiene procedures, washing up to my knees and elbows and donning some scrubs…..(my normal clothes, as some know I have now twice been mistaken for my own children's granny(!), so at a guess I am not the mirror image of Pamela Anderson…..). Surprisingly, it all goes well. I was terrified and a little excited at the same time: I have never given anyone an injection before (as I am not in the medical profession, it would be a little weird were I to be giving out injections......). The dedicated body part was his arm, and he survived, I survived, and so (thank goodness) did his arm. He is now good to go for 10 whole years, clever me!

I finally also got round to stripping the dog, Oliver, of his manhood, doghood rather, today. Oh, no, I cut his hair off, not his bits! He sits and shivers now, looking wan, and he is, I see, traumatized by my lack of dog clipping skills. I think he reckons that on dog walks now he will be cussed by the other dogs and shamed.


Well, another dog has arrived to be looked after, although I am not quite sure how it happened. A friend has decided that with all the living beings in the house, another one won’t be noticed. I think she left him here in the night with a note, and sped away in a getaway car. I shall be revising my friends list, as her dog, Driver, is a 40kg mother of a beast, and at 2 years old is taking out the kids, other animals and me!

I am determined not to be taken out! I will not let a dog get the better of me, I will survive! as the song goes……..I hope……. 
 
 
TUNE! my life would be a lot easier if everyone just did things MY WAY!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uznnHd5thXE

Comments

Old posts