I was hoping the gargling would numb my throat which felt like ninja hamsters had been scratching around in there for nuts during the night.

Downing effervescent paracetamol at 7 am this morning (yes, I missed the 6.30 alarm….) I was hoping the gargling would numb my throat which felt like ninja hamsters had been scratching around in there for nuts during the night.
But paracetamol are, in a word, rubbish and I have struggled all day today with throbbing throat and glands and all the rest…..
School run was as usual calm as u like, especially seeing as I got up late, was ill and had run out of porridge. Old homemade bread from yesterday will do, they won’t notice. But Monty Buster (nearly 7) couldn’t swallow it (he has tonsillitis), Lola Grace 5 ½ looked like I was making her chew snakes bums, Mitzi joy (4 ½) bless her told me it was a ‘bit nice but not much’, and Esmie Rose 2 ½ just gobbled it down (she’s still young enough that she knows no different yet….!)

These days are sent now and again, well, most of winter in fact I end up colded/ flued/ some kind of somethinged up and the kids come back from school with everything going round France. Then of course there are things on the news you have to watch out for too, France are still going bananas about swine flu and each time I go into this particular pharmacy for drugs there is a peculiar woman who maybe quite justifiably, but to my mind not that justifiable as I have actually done nothing other than speak, hates me, straight up. I am regarded as a disease carrier who should be ringing bells, 3 times now she has told me she reckons I have pig flu.

Any how, my chores are mostly done, because with 4 kids, 3 cats, a dog, well 2 at the moment including the dog I am looking after, 4 chickens and oh yeah, there’s my husband Alex somewhere in there too…..I rarely STOP! Unclean kids, dirty floors, no meals cooked, starving animals, crinkled clothes, fill me with horror, not least because I feel one day, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but sometime, there may be a knock on the door from peoples to cart me away……the Jehovah’s witnesses perhaps! Which reminds me, but it can wait for tomorrow…..!


kid's film to check out: how to train your dragon. wicked. even if you are a growed up!
my song of the week which we have been blasting and bopping to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyqClwGu_Sk

Comments

Old posts