Where there is no cock (!) there will be no chicks….


The dog puking outside our bedroom wakes me up this morning. Fabulous start to the day, dog puke clear up duties…..There are worse things I suppose?! A successful trip to the Doctor’s yesterday (apart from getting myself hopelessly lost, as only I ever seem to be able to) should have forewarned me that, as the Yin Vs the Yang would have it, today was gonna be, trying. Trying it was. Dog puke cleared up, kids down for breakfast, whereupon I find my natural yoghurts have been spontaneously reproducing in the night, and I am bombarded by them all hurling themselves out of the fridge in a bid for freedom, as I go to get the milk for my tea. Yoghurt everywhere, I find myself once again instructing the dog sternly to “Lick it up!” Even though he has obviously just finished being sick. Poor sod. So the kids get natural yoghurts, cinnamon and cornflakes for brekkie.

Well, persevering with my day I had a brief moment to fly back in for a coffee, and see, as I feed the chickens…..an egg!!! Yey! My first egg, the kids later pass it around as though they are touching a weasel or something, wowing and so excited! To be fair, it has been a long time coming. Monty and Lola come over to me, they ask sincerely if we can keep the egg under Lola’s pillow so that we could have a chick. Here is where I explain that in fact, where there is no cock (!) there will be no chicks….All sounds rather inappropriate explaining this to a 7 and a 5 ½ yr old! But, there we go! Later on today, I find my second! Wow, two whole eggs, treats! And as I go to retrieve it, Marjorie runs out in her enthusiasm to see me, and squishes her egg….! As if?! She actually squishes her potential offspring (as I have just explained, actually, it will never be chicken, there is no cock…!) but she didn’t know this…..Well maybe she did, who am I to say differently?! So I am back down to one egg. Boo!

This evening after school, as it is a Friday night (which I LOVE), we go to the Bibliotech (library) after school, and spend ages there reading stories and then borrowing books. We come in, we eat a pizza all together, and watch a DVD. T.V dinner night….the one and only, and the best night! Plus, I have hardly any clearing up to do as the animals hover round and clear up as we go along….! BUT! (And with me, there is usually always a “but”, ask my dad!) At the Library, Makeup Lady is there! Sprung! She, when I ask how she is, tells me, without going into too much detail that she hates life. Dear me, poor girl, but at the same time, come on! Make an effort lady! So I offer to take her to the shops an Monday, as I say this the voices in my head stop singing Kylie Minogue (see earlier blog!), and start chanting “Fool, foolish woman, fool!”. Watch this space!

So that’s it, the weekend beckons, I am cold, and in fact, about to go and have a beer with my husband….how times are changing, I drink, now, too!

Comments

Old posts