Dear Alex, The Hugo Southwell Testimonial in London, Little Me, Far Away from Home.



Ready to go at my BFF's House!


Dear Alex,


Dusk begins to descend, I have put all but Monty in bed, who plays upstairs with his Lego. Creating, role playing, imagining. I sneak up to listen and watch him when he thinks he is alone. I lose myself in his world. In awe at the imagination, the world he has created and the ease of his playing.

It has been a busy week.

The Testimonial of Hugo Southwell, retiring from professional rugby as Captain of the Wasps, was a phenomenal night. I wasn't expecting his speech, expressing why he had chosen Alex to be the beneficiary of fundraising that night, to have me in tears before I even got up on stage to speak. But I was blown away by his words, generosity and kindness. I managed it! I spoke in front on everyone, and played a short video of you now, which a friend has been putting together.

Several things came out of the night;

I was able to talk about Making Waves for You, and moving forward, and there were many people there keen to get involved, keen to help out in any way they could. It made me feel more positive about the reason I was there.

I also broke through another comfort zone, stepped out and spoke in front of so many people for you, Alex.

In a few weeks time, I have the first meeting about setting up Making Waves for You as a charity.

I also made a lot of Rugby players cry!

It was truly a wonderful night, always bitter sweet, as life seems to be now-a-days.


I'm proud of you Alex, so proud of you for how far you have come, and how much more you will achieve.


I will soon be releasing the new video of you for all to see.


Me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

Old posts