Dear Alex, From wherever we can be taught.


Taking  a glass by himself..a difficult, almost impossible task for Alex these days...


Dear Alex,

Hopes raised, lists written, all prepared and just a few minute last things to be got from the shops... a neighbour's kids to entertain and 12 adults and almost as many kids to be had on Christmas day; and I think how far I have come...from seemingly blessed times of you and me and the kids and that being 'enough'...

The idea of sharing our house, any house with anyone but us, was nigh on unthinkable before... But now, now, my baby, we have kids who accept anyone, so accustom to people, strangers walking in and out, people they have never met being a 'normal' part of our lives...So natural it is to them that it is part, a presence of their daily small lives... and I realise the richness in this. Of their open minded, accepting upbringing. No matter who walks through our door... So our door remains open to those who want to walk through...and whoever else, it phases us not. whoever that may be being in our house, and how I love this.

It is not the kid's, but my concept of 'closed doors' and 'private' living, that now brings on now a whole new concept of living...

In looking at my feelings and my emotional 'Why can't it just be a 'normal' Christmas'' ..I then watch our four wonderful, beautiful, accepting souls and it brings me to my knees...

Had it not been for them, their way of acceptance, I am sure I would not have invited the almost dozens I have for Christmas Day.

I dwell on what Christmas is all about, the way in which the baby, that new born, Jesus, years ago, who brought in so many strangers. I think of today, how, in such a different set up, our kids have opened me up to being as accepting, as jubilant about strangers joining us on Christmas day.

I have to set about Christmas and the New Year in a way in which will help me on our new journey.


It is, after all, our journey, and to exclude their energy, those precious beings, their will, their ways, their guiding me, is to ignore vital lessons of life.


So this Christmas for us, with you, the various carers, the people we have known for but days, weeks or months, I look to my kids for guidance, and welcome all they can teach me...

Life is a journey of learning and guidance, from wherever we can be taught...



Me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

Old posts