Thought for the Day. Week 7...

 I stumbled upon this during the week, and liked it. thus today, my thought for the day concerns 'happiness'.

It's very true that happiness has to be worked at, it is not necessarily something that we just wake up feeling-I have never once seen anyone leap out of bed in the mornings, singing joyously, apart from me, that is. We feel we warrant it, it should just be there, but really, it has to be worked at, we have to do it for ourselves. And yes, that does mean appreciating the little things, blessings, things that happen, however small...


'Happiness is always a by-product.  It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular.  But it is not something that can be demanded from life, and if you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it and see what treasures you can pluck from your own brand of unhappiness.'  ~Robertson Davies

Comments

Old posts