‘Brink-of-divorce’ discussion...


I have successfully managed to ‘de-flap’ my son’s hair, he looks a frightful lot better, I might say too, so b******s to the stupid wench hairdresser who went snip happy and created the ‘mud flap’ look on my boy.  Not that I am competitive, but I did a better job, and I am not professing to be a moody-ass hairdresser, no one flaps up my son's hair and gets away with it, so there we go.
The tent is UP!!! At last...
Esmie sets off to bed, she is in pyjamas and happy, looking at me with squeezy-squidge-eye going on, as she has decided she MUST go to bed in a sun hat too small for her chubby head…I know I shall be up there in a while trying to convince a groggy, half asleep p*ss*d off Esmie that to not wear the too small hat may be a positive step towards her being able to sleep free-eyed. Still, in all honesty, I was feeling, at 8.30 tonight when we got back in from the beach, and after camping in the garden last night, tired and unable to drag up the courage (coz nearly 3-year-olds take some courage in facing, let me tell you) to confront her about the potential nightmare for mummy and daddy if she insisted on wearing this sun-hat. So we’ll see how that goes.

Yesterday we had the fabulous idea of camping in the garden. Alex spent hours putting up the tent, and we were lucky this time, we had not even one ‘brink-of-divorce’ discussion. It took him hours, bless, but I was right, it did go the way round I said it did in the first place…As I hung out with the kids collecting sticks, Alex got to work on the camp fire. It was great fun, the fire went on for ages, we were round it till 2am. I have a bit of a fetish for driftwood. I cannot help myself but collect it. I hoard the stuff, I love it! Today, at 6.30 this morning when the ducks woke us up flying over the tent (note to self, MUST clip their wings, although not hugely looking forward to it, well, have you ever tried to catch a flying duck? Nope, and there’s a reason, coz short of taking off yourself, having actually succeeded in making the first ever working Flying Suit, you are not able to) they do their red arrows  bit and wake us all up. They make such a performance about it, quacking away, that noone goes back to sleep. Fabulous. I realised that we had manged to keep our fire going, as I had conceded and burned all my bloody drift wood!! I kept certain favourite pieces, strategically placed around the garden, but apart from that we threw the lot on! Oh well, I’ll have to get myself back down the beach to collect some more…
Here's one I made earlier...
Esmie is a right character, she is very inquisitive, totally scrumptious, fiercely independent and knows what she likes. She is also extraordinarily witty, she likes to make up jokes and try them out on people too…this afternoon we spent with friends on the beach, Esmie dresses herself carefully. I have now given up telling her her shoes on the wrong feet, she truly believes every one else has got it wrong, that right foot into left foot and left foot into right foot is the correct way. I challenge anyone to tell her otherwise. My friend comments on her lovely trousers, to which she looks them straight in the eye and replies sternly that ‘they are NOT trousers, they are leggings, silly’.  But at least she tells it like it is!!
The camp fire burning my driftwood, and the kids posing in their pyjamas....
Anyway, I am off now, Alex has lovingly burned cooked me dinner, and I am to it, then hit the sack! I am done, spent, knackered , and suffice to say there is no camping tonight, we have dragged all the mattresses back in and onto their indoor beds, and everyone is to sleep till 10am tomorrow, please! (yeah right).

So see you all tomorrow,

Tamsyn x *allows eyes to droop*

Comments

Old posts