Eight years...




It has been nearly 8 years since my husband Alex suffered a severe traumatic brain injury. Since our life as it was ended. And no, time does not fly when your path is riddled with grief and loss. I have had to learn hard lessons and deal with vast amounts of trauma and emotion, but with this as the foundation of my life, I have a critical depth of understanding of how precious life is as a result. I strive and succeed often in seeing the positive, and choose joy every morning I awake, and I want to show others that they too can and will smile again.

I have decided on a new direction for Anecdotes of a manic mum, hence the add-on 'A New Chapter' - let me explain:

It has been mulling about in my (very) little brain for a while now. I have recognised that my path in life has not been an easy one - and I continually strive to see the best, be better and raise my children in a balanced way despite parenting alone. I have thought long and hard about 're-sharing' and documenting my journey. However I have to listen to my heart, and I feel that in being open and honest about what I go through may be of help to others.

I have been contacted several times over the years by people going through similar/similar but different situations - and I want, from my experience of parenting children alone after my husband's accident, and my knowledge of grief, trauma and living with it and four not-so-little-anymore-beings who are going through their own journey of grief, to be open, real and share ways of coping. There is not a 'one size fits all' method of coping, you need to carve out the right way of coping for you. However, having tried many ways of coping and trying to get through on more than just survival mode, I feel I have some advice I can offer and a few pointers at the very least!

I have gone from sinking in depression and desperation and losing all hope - to building myself back up. And through accepting my situation and spending a little time on myself built into a hectic daily regime of Alex 'stuff' and 4 x children's schedules, plus running my business (feedmebeautiful.com), I am able to deal with my grief in a much healthier and more intuitive way.

I do hope this may be of help to someone who may find themselves out there, alone, awash with a life shattered by brain injury, loss, trauma or grief.

Talking is GOOD - being open is good! It heals and I believe in it! This is what I plan to do here - talk! 

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Tamsyn x



Comments

Post a Comment

Old posts