Where we are now...thanks to all of you....



This is a little blog of thanks to ALL those who have helped us, the wood family, over the past few months. I wanted to thank all who have donated, making it possible to fly Alex back here, who is still in the John Radcliffe hospital, and desperately praying for a bed to become available, as they do not do very much with him in the hospital, and he NEEDS to be moved to the Oxford Centre for Enablement ASAP. But he’s in England, and surrounded by friends and family, and loving his visitors.

For all who have done sponsored events, to all who have donated £1, or more, everything has blessed us, and has achieved an amazing thing for this one family.

Thanks to all your prayers, your love, your thoughts, your encouragement, contact, everything, as all of this has been a backbone of support to me and the kids which has and is continuing to get us through this traumatic time.

The kids start their new school on Monday, and are TOO excited! So I am gradually getting them into a routine, and then I will follow, somehow!

I have never lived around this area before, and it’s a big culture shock, a huge change from our little village with my close knit amazing friends we made there. I miss them dreadfully, and at the moment am trying to look forward, but am still very sad about having to leave the place we’d decided to stay put.

But life was not be that way for us, and we have to go with what we have, the J.R. R Tolkien quote I often refer to is this:


Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." 


And with this philosophy in mind, I put my armor on daily, and battle on through all the daily trials that seem to be hurled my way at the moment!
But with everything that everyone has done, down to the least of things, to me, my family, they are mountainous gestures, and have carried us.

Thank you for getting Alex back here, thank you for your continued support, and thank you in general, for everything, from all of us.

Lets watch this space, remain positive and hopeful and keep praying that one day, Alex Wood, my man, will be his old self once again…


                          *************THANK YOU**********





Comments

Old posts