Madam Wood the Domestic Goddess...(i have made myself my own crown and 'well done to me' badge)

Well this week is vegetarian week, so today I am putting up a recipe for one of my veggie burgers-no they're not disgustingdon'twantit-give them a try, you'll be mighty impressed (possibly). I do make a lot of burgers for us, as it's easy and quick and a good texture replacement for the 'meat' on your plate...Without getting all Nigella on you, here it is:

This will serve 4-6 people:
  • 400g white beans (pre-cooked ones, or out of a tin)
  • 1 medium red onion
  • 1 medium white onion
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 medium/large finely grated carrot
  • chick pea flour or plain flour (although chick pea flour's best) for binding the mixture
  • 4 large table spoons soy sauce
  • oil

Bung everything (you can tell by my terminology, the use of the word 'bung' I am clearly a budding Domestic Goddess in the making, watch out Nigella, Madam Wood's on her way...). Anyway, bung it all except the grated carrot, flour and soy sauce in a food blender. Whizz it all up (the technical wording gets richer).

Then add the soy sauce, carrot and enough flour so the consistency is not too wet, and makes patties easily.

I feel awfully grown up using the word 'patties'...make them into patties/burger shapes.

Heat about 2 mm of oil in a pan, fry one side till golden brown, then the other side.
And VOILA!! you have yummy veggie burgers...serve however you want, chips, burger bun..go wild.

I would just LOVE to know if there is anyone out there brave enough to try these...! please let me know if you did, and what you think...(hears tumble weeds blowing across screen). 

Have a happy veggie week!!
See you tomorrow, Tamsyn x


Comments

Old posts